Thursday, January 1, 2009

Dear Dick Clark,

The best part about ringing in the new year for 2009 is knowing that this year I'll get to say JD gets home "THIS July" instead of "next July" ...or worse, "not this upcoming July, but the one after it."  

Is that pathetic or what?  Regardless, I don't care.  My best friend is not only coming home, but gets to meet all my girl best friends!  I get to talk about life, the gospel, and what I've been up to not just to a recorder, but face to face!  WOW.  2009 is finally here.  Unbelievable.  

So, even though I'm not New Years Eve's biggest fan, this one was fabulous because not only did I sit at home with my parents watching Prison Break (episodes I have already seen, mind you), scratch little Blizzard's furry back and remind him he's "such a good dog" nearly 73 times, drive all over town looking for somewhere to eat at 10:30 at night and finally settling for Arby's, watch Matthew (something or other) in Las Vegas perform a life threatening jump on his motor bike (although that was certainly a sight to behold), and sprint down to the basement with my parents just in time to count down for a good 10 seconds until the ball dropped, BUT I also get the satisfaction of knowing my best friend will be home in 7 months more or less.  

So, Dick Clark... thanks for making this year special.  A night with the rents all to myself and some sweet highschooler's taking over my basement is just what I hoped for.  

Happy New Years 2009, all.  

...now on to creating my resolutions.  I'll post shortly.   


No comments: