Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dear Tender Mercies,

'...the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance.' -Nephi 1:20

I am always so surprised when I actually open my eyes and try to observe things around me, at how many wonderful blessings I have in my life.  Just this past week I went to Ash's wedding shower.  Her soon to be grandmother-in-law was best friends with my Grandma Sally when they were both raising their kids in Colorado.  My grandma passed away when I was going into second grade and I really can't remember a whole lot about her.  It was such a cool experience to meet someone who was so close to her.  She told me all about my grandma and the person she was.  She said that it didn't matter where my grandma went, she always fit in because she was so friendly and loving toward everyone.  It was definitely a tearful conversation for both of us but I felt so blessed to have been able to meet Anna.  Nothing awful is happening in my life, but it was just a testimony to me that the Lord knows who I am, that He's aware of me, and that He loves me.  I know my Grandma Sally was watching and smiling as two people she loved were finally able to meet.

This is Anna and I: 


The last two weeks of school have been crazy ones to say the least.  Last week I got a Christmas package in the mail from JD.  He is such a wonderful example to me of someone who truly loves the Gospel and his fellowmen.  I love hearing from him and having reminders that he's still alive and well :) 


No comments: