Monday, January 5, 2009

Dear Airport Bathrooms,

HA HA HA.
Of course.  Why should I be able to maneuver my body (and think to myself... have my love handles really become this wide?), back pack, carry-on, and winter coat into one stall?  That would just be plain silly.

You're right.  It's not even really that necessary for the thin layer of plastic wrap on the seat to actually switch with each individual use.  And it's definitely not a big deal that I get splashed by your infested water as your automated toilet tends to flush on a 12 second basis.

My favorite however, certainly has to be how the automated sink squirts out a thin stream of water for a good 1.2 seconds so I can wave my hands like a darn fool in front of the sensor in attempt to wash off the rest of pin sized drop of soap your dispenser so generously gave.

What happened to the days when I use to be able to control when I wanted the toilet to flush, the temperature of the water and length of time it would run, or even the amount of soap I could wash my hands with?  Psh.  Technology...

HA HA HA.
Airport bathrooms... you really give me a chuckle.

(But hey, I didn't even have the option of flushing a toilet in Peru after 10pm... so I guess I won't complain that all I need to do is remove my rear and you'll do the rest).

1 comment:

danielle said...

haha 10pm, i forgot. so nasssty.