Friday, January 2, 2009

Dear University of Utah,

You were the first college to accept my application.  You were the first University to give me hope that I would actually attend college, in fact.  

And tonight, you gave me hope yet again.  
Only this time, it was a different kind of hope.  It was a hope that the underdogs do in fact stand a chance against the big guys.  In turn, reinforcing my hopes for a big win on Monday evening as The Ohio State University Buckeyes take on the Texas Longhorns.         

Sure I have PLENTY of -- borderline obsessive -- Buckeye pride, but I can't help but be nervous considering our history with these last few years of bowl games.  To add to my jitters, it's been reported that both Boeckman and Pryor will be rotating in and out.  Make me lose sleep a little more Tressel.  Come on.  

Regardless of the outcome, I know Tuesday morning I will wake up still proud to be a Buckeye.  My pal in AZ says the Buckeye fans are already packing the state with stickers and signs covering their vehicles... we are awesome. 

 But hey, the Utes really gave me some hope tonight.  Let's just hope my Bucks feel the same way.  So Longhorns... move over because Tressel and his boys just came into town.  



3 comments:

danielle said...

1. So glad BAMA lost.
2. not overly thrilled U of U won, but let's be honest, i'm not exactly a DIE HARD BYU fan, so it doesn't matter too much.
3. What's Jim Tressel thinking putting in Boeckman like that & taking away all the glory from Ashley's boyfriend (Pryor). eh em.
4. Party at Cheetah Mansion monday night, Ash is dressing as Brutus.

Ashley Karena said...

I have such funny friends!

Alexis. said...

ashley, i tried to make a playlist and i did everything but now i can't get it onto my profile. i just put it up as a post so it's on there but how do i get it like yours?