Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dear Change Shmange,

Below you will find pictures of Ash Bash's wedding shower.  I think the whole entire time I was having anxiety because I am just so thrown off by all this growing up that's going on around me.  I mean really... my friends are old enough to get married now, boys who are actually MY age are coming home from their missions, and I am trying to brainstorm ways to earn money so I am not completely dirt poor one day (key words: one day) when I'm married.  Not okay.  

Anyway, I went home that night (this past Thursday) and started reading through some journal entries from this summer.  I came across one that really made me think.  This is what I wrote:

The older I get, the more I realize that you have to stop looking back on the yesterdays.  The past is done and gone and the future is bound to come, no matter how hard we try to push it away.  And just as one chapter closes, another one opens and because of the lessons we've learned before, we are more prepared to meet the days ahead of us. (8.22.08)

Hm.  I guess I learned a little lesson from myself that night.  Change really isn't so bad, and even if it is... tough luck.  Deal with it.  There are plenty of great things to come, and not only that... there are plenty of great things happening now, TODAY!  





As Mika so wisely sings, "Everybody's gonna love today, love today, love today.  Everybody's gonna love today any way you want to.. any way you've got to."  Mmhmm.  Thanks Mika.

and p.s. Ash...you are going to be the cutest little bride ever! 

1 comment:

danielle said...

yesss. jeffery r. holland's talk, remember lot's wife :)
i love you. i'm glad we cried at the bridal shower TOGETHER!