Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dear 'Can I get a Hallelujah?!"

Yes, I checked the mail yesterday.
Yes, I could feel my heart beating in my throat 
when I saw an envelope from the School of Education.
Yes, I savagely tore open the envelope 
(and still am not quite sure where it ended up),
Yes, I literally screamed outside of the mailboxes of my complex.
YES, 
Yesterday both Dani and I received our letters of acceptance into the McKay School of Education Elementary Ed. Program!  

I am so excited to be a teacher... and now I am one step closer!

I've had a bit of experience with these kiddos in the past:
6th Grade Camp Counselor... and let me just say I will never teach 6th graders. 

Volunteered in an Elementary School.  My AWESOME 4th graders:

Innocent 1st graders: 

Psychotic 2nd graders (this picture does not do justice): 

And sweet kindergarten babies:

You can call me Ms. Eckel.

1 comment:

danielle said...

AHHH!!! i'm so excited! good work bbbaby cakes! the life we've planned together is actually working out... weird. now we just have to buy those houses next door to each other.
p.s. i can't wait for our roommates to take us to dinner :)