Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dear EFY,

So lots of people ask me why I love EFY SO, SO much.
In honor of the fact that I am flying out to Minnesota tomorrow for some training before the kids come on Monday, I decided I would share the top 14 reasons why EFY makes me happy.



1. Where else do teenage boys get girls their food?



2. Ha! Taking trays up to the conveyer belt is a coveted responsibility.



3. I've never seen so many teenagers go out of their ways to have missionary experiences.
(My kids ALWAYS rock).



4. I get to go to LOTS of wonderful places.
Case in point:




5. Service activities WEEKLY.



6. Eating pizza is a required activity.



7. Hilarious things happen... like the whole entire floor floods from an overflowing toilet.



8. I get to hang out with the GREATEST youth in the church.
Just take a look:



(p.s. Kelsey was one of my girls TWO years in a row...
this was us feeling ugly before the banquet)








9. I have the coolest coworkers you could ever ask for.







11. Being above the age of 20 and still immature is completely acceptable.



13. Wristbands. Who doesn't want neon colored wristbands?



14. No sleep = Very tired counselors.

And nothing could be better than getting an invitation in the mail for TWO of your girls weddings. YES, two of my girls have been married in the TEMPLE.

My job is so rewarding.

EFY 2009... bring on the memories.

5 comments:

danielle said...

oh gosh. see you soon baby!

Alex and Mitch said...

so jealous! i always wanted to do that. I am positive you are the best counselor!

Ashley Kay said...

i can't believe you already start this next week Ash! you are going to be fabulous and I can't wait to hear about you being a BC! we'll have to chat!

Rachel said...

ah that's so great ashley!

Katie said...

I MADE IT ON YOUR BLOG! my life is complete... i randomly came across your blog and saw your efy posting so OF COURSE i had to read it. and BAM! there is was. thank you for being here today! i hope you are having a blast