Friday, November 21, 2008

Dear Goals,

You're nice.  You give me something to work for.  I've taught a few lessons on you here and there.
I make a nice fatty list of you every single day, hour to hour.  

This Thanksgiving break, my goals will not consist of anything academic.  They won't (although they should) consist of trying to drop my 10 lbs that I still have yet to lose.  They won't consist of me studying up on my Spanish.  In fact, they won't even consist of much of anything that would be considered productive.  

HOWEVER, after contemplating long and hard about what I wanted to achieve this break, I could only come to one real logical conclusion.  

so, here it is... (hey it's just a thought unless you write it down, right?)

My goal this Thanksgiving Break is to learn Beyonce's 'Single Ladies' dance from her music video.  

Shallow?  Maybe.  Ridiculous?  Okay, fine.  
Have I been a slave to school lately?  YES.  
Thus, I will do whatever I darn well please this break.  And if I want to spend some time with Beyonce, I will do just that. 

Cheers.  

(p.s. I am blogging from the Denver airport.  Layovers are just spectacular, aren't they?  Thank you free wi-fi). 

3 comments:

danielle said...

YES! Nat Camp & I talked about how we were going to do this! get ready...

Tori Lynn said...

Hahaha Ash I love it, will you please teach me once you've learned it? Sooo great! (One favor...please don't teach it to Danny and Doug or they might come strutting out in leotards and heels!!!) :)

Rachel Anne Robbins Kuch said...

dont do it. i warn you. i have already tried it... i have found a gay black man on youtube who will teach it to you slowly. its good. he's good... but it only made me realize how sucky of a dancer i have become. and i am not beyonce at all....

it turned out to be a rather depressing event/goal.
so i dropped it.

i dropped it dang it....