Friday, July 25, 2008

Dear Summer Reading,


Books, books, books.  I love them!  The only problem is, I never have time to read them!  Since I have about two weeks left before EFY Nauvoo, I'm going to try and get as much reading in as possible.  Yesterday I read "Tuesdays with Morrie."  It was so good... I love Mitch Albom and I couldn't believe I had never gotten around to reading that book of his.  It was a quick read and I'm not going to lie... got me a little teared up.  

We have a whole library of books here, so I've picked out a couple.  My next three are church books, and then I'm going to try and squeeze a John Grisham in there also.  

1) Believing Christ - Stephen E. Robinson
2) If Life Were Easy, It Wouldn't Be Hard - Sheri Dew
3) Teaching by the Spirit - Gene R. Cook

Any suggestions for non-church books?  Let me know!  I want to get in all that I can!  Oh and while I'm looking for suggestions, I've been doing some work out dvd's (I found a pilates one I LOVE)... does anyone have any recommendations for awesome work outs?

5 comments:

danielle said...

You still need to read the Jodi Picoult books! So good!

Lynsey said...

you have to read Sundays At Tiffany's. Wonderful book. You'll finish it in a day.

J & J said...

books.. yum. i'd love to give you some suggestions---these are some of my favorites:

-bridget jones diary: the age of reason, by helen fielding (read the whole series...it made me laugh out loud, some profanities, but that makes it funnier)
-the nanny diaries, by Emma McLaughlin, Nicola Kraus (hilarious)
-confessions of a shopaholic, by sophie kinsella (very hilarious)
-the glass castle, by jeanette walls (love it)
-star girl, by jerry spinelli (this book changed my life)
-dear star girl, by jerry spinelli (sequel, also changed my life)
-the alchemist, by Paulo Coelho (a must...quick read for sure)
-the witch of portebello, by Paulo Coelho
-the girl with the pearl earring, by Tracy Chevalier
-vienna prelude, by Bodie Thoene (about the holocaust, literally couldn't put it down)
-prague counterpoint, by Bodie Thoene (sequel to vienna prelude)
-the host, by stephenie meyer.
-to kill a mockingbird, by harper lee
-in the time of butterflies, by julie alverez
-the road, by cormat mccarthy
-the things they carried, by tim o'brien (about vietnam, really loved it)



i have more but i think that's a pretty good start. i missed you at hilton head, and your blog looks fabulous. and i'm so happy you finally updated. let's all hang out more in the fall. love you.

Rachel Anne Robbins Kuch said...

me love. you need to rent the movie Tuesdays With Morrie. You'll cry in that as well. Back in High School we watched and read the book together. Such a great experience.

sara rae said...

book: extremely loud and incredibly close. it is amazing. and what is the what. im only halfway through it but way good so far.