Friday, July 25, 2008

Dear Best Journal Ever Purchased,


Okay so if you dug up any of my old journals, you would notice that there are gaps - sometimes years long - between my entries.  Pathetic, I know.  I decided I am the world's worst journal writer.  HOWEVER, that is all about to change.  My dear friend Sara introduced me to the world's best journal ever.  I've been going strong for nearly a month and I don't think it's about to die down anytime soon.  It's such a quaint little notebook and I absolutely LOVE it!  You can find them at Barnes & Noble.  They're called Moleskines and are under $20.  They have lots of different options and versions and come in black and red.  I bought a black one for my normal journal, and a red one for my "thankful journal."  Dani gave me this idea for the "thankful journal."  Each day you just write the date and then 5 things that you were grateful for that day.  It's such a cute idea and I think it makes me a lot more aware and appreciative.  

Anyway, I am so motivated to become a good journal writer, once and for all!  


3 comments:

danielle said...

ash, c'mon. you were such a devoted sunday durning church because we can't understand spanish journal writer. but i'm happy for you and your discovery. They also sell them at the BYU bookstore and there's a sale on them if anyone wants to know...

Ashley Karena said...

so true. you would be impressed with me though! I bought this new journal when we got into california and I've been writing in it ever since. ...I mean, I'm even a little shocked!

sara rae said...

i just got a moleskin 2008-2009 weekly calendar too. it is kind of amazing.