Monday, August 6, 2007

Rasmussen Choro Update!



Here are some pictures I stole from his sister Jenn (thank you!!) that she took when they dropped him off in the MTC. Yesterday JD hit his one month mark! It's weird... it went by really fast, but at the same time, it seems like he left forever ago. So much has happened since then! I got a letter from him this weekend and he is still doing great! It seems like his Japanese is really coming along, which is great! The older guys in his zone leave for Japan this week. In his letter last week, he made me laugh when he said seeing them get ready to go to Japan gives him hope that people do actually leave the MTC! J's also been called to serve as the new Zone leader with his companion once the older guys head out. He really is doing so great and I am so proud of him. He's such a good example and such a hard worker with an enormous amount of faith.

For any of you who know me fairly well, JD has pretty much been my life since last October. Because of that, I find myself talking about him and telling stories about things that happened with us A LOT. So many things remind me of him, and to all of you who have had to deal with that... thank you! I know it's probably pretty obnoxious after a while, but it's kind of how I deal :) What's even more fun than telling stories about him though, is hearing them! I love getting his letters and reading about everything that is happening, but it's also fun hearing things from other people! Today I was on the phone with my aunt who has two little fou-year old twin girls. They live pretty close to Provo so JD got to hang out with them every once in a while...they loved to give him a hard time! Anyway, while I was talking to her, she was telling me how there was a tall, blonde boy riding his bike by their house. The girls saw him and asked their mom who it was. She told them his name, and they said they thought he looked like JD! I thought it was cute that they still even remembered what JD looked like since it's been almost five months since they've seen him! Anyway, just a fun little story that I enjoyed hearing! If you ever have any, let me know! I love hearing them! :)

3 comments:

jenn said...

Hey Ash- great blog :")
Looks like you're having a fun summer ... I just posted a pretty classic pic of J on my site so check it out when you have a chance!

J & J said...

You've joined the club! Love your blog...love you. And I know you joined the blogging community because you want to be just like me :) HA!

J & J said...

Ashley, I have been thinking. Your situation is a lot like mine was a few years ago....Jake and I got things going in October of our freshmen year---were basically inseperable ever since...he left on a mission, I was sad but really happy for him at the same time...we wrote, blah blah you know the story. All I'm saying is---good things are coming to you.