Wednesday, March 5, 2008

...and here's the bad news.




What I didn't tell you about the trip was that we had a minor car problem. And by minor I mean I ended up needing a whole new engine. Fun, right? At about 1am I started getting real tired so we pulled over and Sara and I switched seats so she could finish the trip. We were pretty much exactly 100 miles (which is good because AAA only tows 100 miles...tender mercies) away from Provo in a town called Scipio. Ever heard of it? My point exactly. So anyway, she literally starts the car and pulls out onto the road and the whole car starts shaking and making noises while smoke came puffing out of the engine. That was a really good sign. So we had to push the car back to the side of the road. After waiting for about an hour, AAA came and towed us back to the dealership, and then my lovely home teacher (bless his heart) came and picked us up at 4:30am from Lindon and took us back to Provo. Good news is, the warrenty on my car was extended and we didn't know it. So, Lexus had to pay for a whole new engine. Not having a car for 11 days shot me back to freshman year, but I sure didn't mind now having to pay for a penny of it.

No comments: